The Energy and Water Agency, a government agency established by Legal Notice 50 of 2014. It is the entity responsible for the organisation of the 4th Mediterranean Water Forum 2020 in Malta and is the data controller for this website.
Where these pages link out to information or services provided by other entities, departments, agencies and authorities, their own privacy policies will apply. These are managed separately by each service provider.
The protection of your privacy is taken seriously. The Energy and Water Agency recognises its obligations as a Data Controller in terms of applicable data protection law, mainly the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 as supplemented by the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 Laws of Malta).
A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
You are entitled to be informed when your personal data, that is data through which you are identified or identifiable, is processed.
Processing includes, amongst others, collection, recording, storage and use of data.
Your Personal Data shall be processed:
- In a manner which is lawful, fair and transparent
- For the purpose specified
- Only as relevant and required in relation to the purpose
- For as long as required by the purpose
- In a manner which ensures appropriate security
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone number
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us through this website
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used to access the site
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
There are three forms available on this website through which you may choose to submit personal information (see Forms below).
Why we need your data
We collect data in order to:
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- respond to your queries
- allow you to access the services offered through this website
- process your application, should you choose to submit one, for any of the services offered through this website
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Any processing of personal data in relation to the security of this website is done on the basis our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users.
We may process your personal data on the basis of your consent. Where this is the case, this is clearly indicated in the appropriate application form. Where your consent is the basis for the processing of your personal data, this may be withdrawn at any time. There may nevertheless be other lawful grounds which permit the continued processing of the data. It is important to understand, prior to the giving of consent, what the consent is being requested for.
The Agency may also process personal data under the legal basis that that this is necessary in the Agency’s performance of tasks performed in the public interest.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology or service suppliers, for example the contractor executing functions relating to the organisation of the 4th Mediterranean Water Forum 2020 in Malta or our web hosting provider.
We will not:
- make commercial use of your data
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
There are three forms available on this website for users to fill in, should they choose to avail themselves of any of the services offered. Data type, processing and retention periods for each are as follows:
|Form Type||Data Collected and Purpose||Legal Basis for Processing||Retention|
|Contact Form||Full name, telephone number, email address and contents of message.||Data submitted through this form is processed on the basis of user’s consent.||Until the period for the post-completion audits which the event organisation is subject to expires. Records may be retained for contacting you about matters related to the conference, or water-related matters or events to be held at a future time.|
|Participant Registration Form||Full name, telephone number, email address, address, company/organisation and relevant conference preferences.||Data submitted through this form is processed on the basis of user’s consent.||Until the period for the post-completion audits which the event organisation is subject to expires. Your contact details may be retained for the purpose of contacting you about matters related to the conference, or water-related matters or events to be held at a future time.|
|Exhibitor Registration Form||Exhibitor’s or Exhibitor’s representative’s full name, telephone number and email address.||Data submitted through this form is processed on the basis of user’s consent.||Until the period for the post-completion audits which the event organisation is subject to expires. Your contact details may be retained for the purpose of contacting you about matters related to the conference, or water-related matters or events to be held at a future time.|
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children and we do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 16.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it is processed and when it is stored. All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with are aware of their legal obligations with respect to personal data and that they keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it being held
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- withdraw your consent to the processing of data, where applicable
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites.
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
|Data Controller||Energy and Water Agency|
|Business Address||WSC Complex Qormi Road, Luqa, LQA 9043, Malta|
|Data Protection Officer’s Email Addressemail@example.com|
The DPO provides independent advice and monitoring of our use of personal information.
Should you have a complaint, you may also contact the office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner.
Last updated: 29th May, 2020